BIO International Convention 2012 - Boston, US
Monday, June 18, 2012 - Thursday, June 21, 2012
FlandersBio and Flanders Investment and Trade (FIT) are joining forces again in 2012 for the Flemish representation at the BIO International Convention (18-21/06/2012 - Boston, US) - the largest global event for the biotech industry (about 15000 visitors each year, 1/3 from outside the US).
The following companies/organisations will join us to the US:
Events we are organising at BIO
Sunday 17 June
- 7:00 – 11:00 PM: Flemish networking dinner - offered by FIT & FlandersBio - with the entire Flemish delegation and a number of international invitees (on invitation only).
Venue: Top of the Hub, 800 Boylston Street, Boston
Tuesday 19 June
- 9:30 - 10:15 AM: Flemish session in the official BIO programme
Diagnostic Assays: A Key to Personalized Medicine, with talks of Janssen Diagnostics, Biocartis, MDXHealth and Bio-mérieux – moderated by GENFIT.
More info – via this link you can also confirm your presence (not mandatory to attend).
Venue: Room: 254A - Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, 415 Summer Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02210
- 3:00 - 4:30 PM: Cluster Hour
CEBR, The Council of European BioRegions, organises a cluster hour featuring a.o. a presentation of FlandersBio and its partner region Bio New Jersey.
Venue: Booth # 3165 (European Commission) - Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, 415 Summer Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02210
- 7:00 – 11:00 PM: Belgian Café
Please do not forget to bring your BIO Badge with you in order to have access.
Venue:: “The Harp”, 85 Causeway Street, Boston MA 02114
The BIO International Convention offers a lot of opportunities for business networking:
- Possibility to register for the business partnering with 4000 participating companies: plan your meetings in the BIO Business Forum Area in advance and manage them via an on line tool.
- New this year: for a limited number of companies (approximately 8), the business partnering will be free on the Belgian Pavilion. We will provide you with more information after your registration.
- Possibility to attend an extensive programme of lectures.
- Access to an exhibition with more than 60 pavilions featuring some 1800 companies & organisations.
- Possibility to attend several networking activities.
FlandersBio and FIT offer the following services for the companies/organisations that are registered:
- A limited number of companies (approximately 8) will get the opportunity to participate in the business partnering on the Belgian Pavilion for free.
- Visibility for your company or organisation on the Belgian Pavilion: your logo on the booth and, together with your company description and contact details, in a printed catalogue, that will be actively distributed on the pavilion.
- Distribution of your company information:
we will send you an interesting proposal for combined shipping of your company brochures/gadgets to the US, where we will distribute them on the pavilion.
- Follow-up on the Belgian Pavilion:
we ensure presence on the pavilion, so that you don't miss any interesting contacts.
- Seating area on the Belgian Pavilion:
you can use a common, open seating area for meetings with your contacts.
- Free participation to a Flemish networking evening and a Belgian Café.
- Efficient reservation of hotel & flight: Carlson Wagonlit can take care of booking your hotel (in the Sheraton hotel where all Flemish delegates will stay), and your flight.
Cost for participation
1. Service Fees
Service Fee FIT & FlandersBio (per company)
Service Fee Carlson Wagonlit (per delegate)
2. Bio Convention Registration Package (per delegate)
Exhibition access & business partnering on pavilion (8 companies)
Exhibition access & lectures
Exhibition access & lectures & receptions
Exhibition access & lectures & receptions & business partnering*
3. Hotel & transport*
* You can apply for subsidies for these expenses. Click here for more information or get in touch with Yves Roekens from FIT (Phone: +32 2 504 88 20).
Links & Downloads
Photo's from Flickr
- Date: Monday, June 18, 2012 - Thursday, June 21, 2012
- Location: Boston Convention & Exhibition Center, MA, Boston, US
- Route Description via Google Maps
- Language: English
- Organiser(s): FlandersBio and Flanders Investment & Trade
Please do not hesitate to get in touch with Jonas De Backer, Communications Coordinator at FlandersBio, Tel. +32 9 241 80 41
Bookmark & share